Welcome to all the people who’ve joined up by taking part in the national book contest run by C. L. Cannon. One lucky winner will take home Dune by Frank Herbert, A Memory Called Empire by Arkady Martine, Day Zero by C. Robert Cargill, and A Pale Light in the Black by K. B. Wagers, plus a Fallout board game, Mandalorian and Grogu Funko Pop, Starfleet keychain, Battlestar Galactica FRAK sticker, Hitchhiker’s Guide To The Galaxy coffee mug, and Jayne Firefly beanie! You can increase your chances by scrolling down and following McSciFi on various social media sites.
There’s no such thing as too much McSciFi.
While I’m not giving any of my stuff away for the promotion, I do have many ways for you to buy it. I’ll have more comic book news next week so, for now, I’ll stick to mad pimping my novels.
Instead of the long, erudite, reviews from experts, all of whom are wonderful, good looking, and smell nice, I thought it might be fun to share what fans think.
Winner of the Best SciFi Novel of 2020 on the Critters Reader’s Poll.
* – A nonstop thrill ride
* – Fascinating and terrifying
* – The best damn thing I’ve ever read
* – The Desert Eagle seems like overkill for a close shot, but I have no complaints
* – I’m buying popcorn now for when this hits the big screen
The Brittle Riders Series or its Omnibus Edition
* – Some of the best world building I’ve ever encountered
* – It sympathetically manages to bridge the gap between faith and technology
* – McCormick packs more in twelve words than others do in twelve paragraphs
* – Fuck McCormick, he made me cry when a cockroach died
* – When I hit book three I surrendered. I had no clue what was going to happen, but I needed to find out
Goptri of the Mists: Kitaab Ek
* – There’s a horny squid and nukes. What more could I ask for?
* – I never considered giving my spouse a year’s worth of meat for our anniversary
* – Okay, wow, did not see this villain coming
* – Relentless and riveting
* – He’s always been LGBTQIA+ friendly, but this subtly raises the bar and I, for one, am thrilled
If you feel you may have missed a newsletter, don’t panic, all you have to do is click, and bookmark, THIS HANDY LINK and browse to you heart’s content.
I have also started ordering more merch again in anticipation of appearing at cons in 2022. Make sure to check in on MY MERCH PAGE to see what’s in stock. The reason I’m ordering so early is due to the fact that the pandemic has disrupted a lot of supply chains and simple stuff, like paper, is harder to get. Since I’m a writer paper’s kind of important.
At the very bottom of today’s missive you can find a set of reviews done an incredibly smart, if always snarky, young lady who does not rue my existence.
Until next week I ask that you get vaxxed and stay safe, sane, and inside. If you must venture out, wear a mask. The CDC has all the latest, scientifically tested, reasons you should do so. Should the science change, for any reason, they’ll make adjustments. Just remember to keep yourself alive. I’ve grown fond of you.