Fist off, welcome to all the nice people who’ve joined up by taking part in the national book contest run by C. L. Cannon. One lucky winner will take home Dune by Frank Herbert, A Memory Called Empire by Arkady Martine, Day Zero by C. Robert Cargill, and A Pale Light in the Black by K. B. Wagers, plus a Fallout board game, Mandalorian and Grogu Funko Pop, Starfleet keychain, Battlestar Galactica FRAK sticker, Hitchhiker’s Guide To The Galaxy coffee mug, and Jayne Firefly beanie! You can increase your chances by scrolling down and following McSciFi on various social media sites.
Speaking of fun, a couple months back a lovely lady named Sabrina Zaremba decided to take some excellent boudoir pictures holding Legends Parallel and Hybrid Zero. After some discussion it was agreed that Leslie Tejlor, the artist for Legends Parallel, would use her voluminous pictographic library as source material and create a drawing of her. He did that, she loved it, and here we are.
While she hasn’t started a trend of any sort, hope does spring eternal, we all admire her enthusiasm and hope you do too.
Just in case you missed the long, erudite, reviews from experts, all of whom are wonderful, good looking, and smell nice, I thought it might be fun to share what fans think of McSciFi’s literary offerings.
Winner of the Best SciFi Novel of 2020 on the Critters Reader’s Poll.
* – A nonstop thrill ride
* – Fascinating and terrifying
* – The best damn thing I’ve ever read
* – The Desert Eagle seems like overkill for a close shot, but I have no complaints
* – I’m buying popcorn now for when this hits the big screen
The Brittle Riders Series or its Omnibus Edition
* – Some of the best world building I’ve ever encountered
* – It sympathetically manages to bridge the gap between faith and technology
* – McCormick packs more in twelve words than others do in twelve paragraphs
* – Fuck McCormick, he made me cry when a cockroach died
* – When I hit book three I surrendered. I had no clue what was going to happen, but I needed to find out
Goptri of the Mists: Kitaab Ek
* – There’s a horny squid and nukes. What more could I ask for?
* – I never considered giving my spouse a year’s worth of meat for our anniversary
* – Okay, wow, did not see this villain coming
* – Relentless and riveting
* – He’s always been LGBTQIA+ friendly, but this subtly raises the bar and I, for one, am thrilled
If you feel you may have missed a newsletter, don’t panic, all you have to do is click, and bookmark, THIS HANDY LINK and browse to you heart’s content.
Until next week, stay safe, sane, and inside. Also, wear a mask and get vaxxed.